Download higher quality maps North and South
Click on the map above to see:
- where Heidelberg is (south of Frankfurt Airport > 75 km)
- where the North and South fields in Heidelberg are
- where the main train station, old town, the river and more is
- where the championship fields are – see the green Squares
- where the training fields from the 8th to the 12th of July are available – see the green circles
- where the warm up fields are available during the event – see the Green triangles
- and more
WU24 will have a total of 15 fields in the City of Heidelberg. WU24 will be hosted at two separate venues located five (5) km apart – Main Train station in the middle.
1. SOUTH FIELDS > main venue for days 1 – 7; Harbigweg 10 in 69124 Heidelberg‐Kirchheim
Captains’ & Spirit Captains’ Meetings, Opening Ceremony and Opening Game. After the game go to the Neckar River to the Neckarwiese to watch the Castle Fireworks.
> Located 1,5 km south of the main train station
Fritz Grunebaum Stadium (Harbigweg 9 in 69124 Heidelberg–‐Kirchheim) Stadium used on Day 8 for the finals.
- 4 modern artificial turf fields
- 3 grass fields (well–‐kept soccer fields)
- + 2 additional practice fields
- Stadium with capacity of 5000 (800 covered)
> Located near the center of Heidelberg on the Neckar River 2.8 km from the main train station.
The north site will be the be used for many games on the days 1 – 7 and has a total of 7 Championship fields. Many of the players will camp at this North Site.
- North Fields (main site during week):
- 2 modern artificial turf fields
- 5 grass fields (well–‐kept soccer fields)
- +3 additional practice fields